Monday, March 23, 2009

YUCK: sticky substance, goo, ooze, crud, slush

I have been sitting here all day at work, thinking about all the hurts and cries of desperation that have been shared with me over the past several months. It has made me open some doors that I had closed. I had to look back at my past yuck and ugliness that I went through. It also reminded me how much our life journeys make us who we are today.

Even when we had to muck around in it for a season. Even when we feel our sludge is worse than anyone else has ever felt. It makes you feel you will never get over your yuck, or that God will never forgive because it is so messy and ugly.

At a recent retreat I had the pleasure of attending I was able to hear the DVD series "Loving Well" by Beth Moore. Beth made this comment.
"YOU CAN'T LOVE WELL UNTIL YOU FEEL WELL LOVED"


This small sentence that she spoke says so much in what I have been hearing from young women of all ages, from all types of backgrounds. Whether she is a stay at home mom or a career women with a family. We are hurting. Sadly we do not know how to heal that hurt. We do not know how to feel well loved. We live in a world where we want instant gratification, we still feel empty. I am guilty of this in many ways I fail and fall because of this. In a world where we have so much and we throw so much away, we feel unfullfilled, we tire of it. Sound famaliar to you?


It also seems to me we hear the same message over and over again. Keep on praying, keep on trusting, keep on reading his word. Stay strong, believe. Stay involved with church, stay in a relationship with Christian women who love the Lord. I can really understand how this would become so old to anyone that is hurting and not feeling well loved. Can you? How can this help?

When we are hurting it is not really the time we want to here all the same old platitudes. I was reminded of this during a conversation with my sister. I had gotten on my Chrisitan high horse and told her what she should do. Instead of loving on her and praying with her. It helped me realize the answer to that message of feeling well loved. We can feel that way when we love some one well.


1st Colossians 1:11

As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn how to do your work. (The Message)

I for one am going to use this verse when I am not feeling well loved. As a reminder. When I do not feel like doing what God ask me to do, and I am tired of hearing it. I pray I will be strong enough to do it so I can love on others to help me feel well loved.

He loves you so,

Debi



























2 comments:

  1. Awesome Debi! His love is the only thing that can fill us and equip us to do the work He's called us to do! Great words of encouragment, thank you.
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi,thank you for writing from your heart! We are to live our lives like letters from God. Testifying to God’s faithfulness and love by encouraging others. Thank you for your encouragement.
    love,
    1/3

    ReplyDelete