Friday, April 10, 2009

Knowing

Tonight I went to a dramatization at a small church in our community of The Last Supper. It was a revised version written by Ernest K. Emurian.


What did I learn about the Last Supper? What did I learn about the 12 disciples? I found out that they were just men loving our Jesus. They all had careers, families, worries.

One of them was about to betray Him. One of them was about to disown Christ. All of them will fall away from Him.

Matthew 26 31b

I will strike the shephard, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered. NIV

As I sat there and listened to each portrayal of The Last Supper I was reading program they had provided. It listed the disciples, and who they were. They had written brief biographies of each disciple. One that stood out to me was Thaddaeus.

They listed him as: Thaddaeus: nothing more is known of him

Do you find this sad? Nothing is known of him. Think about it. He chose to follow Christ and nothing was known of him After I came home I was thinking about this analogy and my heart rejoiced in this. It was really not a sad biography of Thaddaeus.

Our Father God knew Thaddeus, He REALLY knew him. He knew all about his life, his hurts and his heart. He knew his fears as he sat with Jesus during the last supper. He knew that Thaddeus loved him, He knew that Thaddaeus believed Jesus was the Messiah, without question. Jesus also knew that he wanted a closer relationship with Him. The best part was, He knew that Thaddeus would not betray him.

I think that is a lot of knowing, and not a lot of not knowing. The knowing that Thaddaeus realized this:


John 3:16
For God (our daddy) so LOVED the world that He gave His one and ONLY begotten Son. That whoever believes in Him shall NOT perish but have eternal life.

This is what that Last Supper was really all about. God gave us 12 disciples to read about in His word. They wrote about Jesus. They gave us a living Jesus.

When you are feeling like a Thaddaues, that nothing more is known about you . Remember this verse. God gave His SON for us. because of His love for us. I know God did not think Thaddues as a nothing. I also know by His word how much Abba God thinks of you. I pray that John 3:16 will become real to you. I pray that you will come to know the KNOWING Father.

He loves you so,


love, debi

1 comment:

  1. I also wondered about Thaddaues. It was sad reading that not much was known about him. I loved the drama, it really brought me closer tp the resurection....Spring

    ReplyDelete